Passionate About Early Childhood Development?
Join the Little Marvels Team!
To apply, fill out the form below, or email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter!
Located in the heart of Chicago’s Lakeview neighborhood, Little Marvels is where high quality childcare and early learning curriculum meet to provide children with a positive first-school experience. It is our philosophy that a child who loves school and enjoys learning from an early age is more likely to continue that love of learning for his or her entire life. Little Marvels believes caring, knowledgeable and enthusiastic teachers have the ability to effectively assist children in developing a positive self-image and respect for one another’s cultural differences.
- A committed, compassionate, reliable and dedicated professional who wants to work in a collaborative environment, teach and be an important part of a child’s development.
- Candidates must love children, be patient, caring, creative, responsible, energetic and pay close attention to detail. Duties include caring for children and keeping them engaged, lesson planning, record keeping, and keeping the classroom organized. +Strong communication skills with children, parents, and co-workers is a must.
- Prior experience working with children or in a daycare, child care center or preschool preferred.
- Ability to play a musical instrument, teach art, or do yoga with children also a plus.
- Preference given to candidates either with early childhood experience, those with a CDA, or those with college degrees or in the process of earning a degree. Lead teachers must be qualified according to DCFS standards.
- Leading circle time
- Supervising play and learning activities (i.e. crafts, stories, play-dough, learning games, painting, etc.)
- Collaborating with teachers to create lesson plans
- Taking children on trips to the park, library and possibly other adventures
- Preparing bottles for infants or assisting with feeding/meals for toddlers through preschool age children
- Changing diapers and/or assisting with potty training
- Supervising nap time
- Keeping accurate records and documenting children’s daily experiences and progress
- Cleaning and sanitizing toys and the classroom to ensure a healthy environment
We offer competitive compensation based upon level of experience and education.
Full Time benefits include: Paid Time Off; Paid Holidays; Health Insurance Stipend
Hours of operation are between 6:30am and 6:30pm, Monday-Friday.