Philosophy and Approach
Little Marvels is more than just a daycare. It is where high quality childcare and early learning curriculum meet to provide children with a positive first-school experience. It is our philosophy that a child who loves school and enjoys learning from an early age is more likely to continue that love of learning for his or her entire life.
Little Marvels believes caring, knowledgeable an
d enthusiastic teachers partnered with committed, loving parents/guardians have the ability to effectively assist children in developing a positive self-image and respect for one another’s cultural differences. We encourage open and honest daily communication between teachers and parents, as we believe it is a vital part of building a trusting partnership that will benefit the child, as well as the parents and teachers.
Little Marvels provide engaging programs that will help develop the whole child – intellectually, physically, socially and emotionally. These include:
- •Exploration of the learning environment
- •Learning through self-directed play and through teacher-directed curriculum
- •Outdoor experiences
- •ESL and foreign language classes, such as Spanish
- •Music and art classes
- •Physical fitness activities such as free-play in the gross motor room, dance, yoga, martial arts, gymnastics, and other sport activities
- •Screenings for developmental delays, disabilities and other concerns